<body> <body>

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 @7:39 PM

I need some overhaul in my life. It's not really at the end of the year yet. So for those who tend to have new year resolutions, you might think it's weird that I'm already talking about this. Okay, for a start, I don't make new year resolution. And even if I do, I just can't fix my head with a long list to be achieved within one year (or a specific time). Secondly, I think every moment is a new moment, everyday is a brand new day. You can just make a plan and go for it whenever you like. Hey, you really don't have to wait till 31st of December to plan for the list. Oops, I digress. Why do I need an overhaul at this point?

Well, do you drive? You can accelerate as much as you like along a smooth driveway(watch out the speed limit though). But not all the roads are straight and free of hindrance. Sometimes you have to turn to congested streets. You can’t go as fast you wish because there are vehicles in front. Sometimes the streets are a bit bumpy too and you even have to watch out for the pedestrians. Obviously you have to decelerate and push the brake pedal as well as changing your gears more often.

Well, this is where I am now. The condition of the street has prompted me to slow down to avoid colliding with front objects. This is when the brake pedal is pressed more often. And this also serves the best moment for the drivers to detect any faulty brake system. There’s no other better time for the symptoms of the brake system become obvious than this moment. Some most common symptoms that will be detected at this time include (1) the vehicle pulls aside during braking (2) the brake pedal pulsates and/or the vehicle vibrates during braking (3) the brake pedal is too hard or too spongy (4) the brake pedal goes down too far (5) any kind of noise while braking.

It is another of this moment for me now. Daily experiences and certain events accumulated all these while serve an excellent reflection for me. It’s time to do some overhaul and really put some plans into actions. In the pipeline of the doable list would be dedicating time for some leisure activities. No more lame excuses for not going to the gym. It’s really time to sign up for a foreign language lesson. Reconnecting with old friends who I’ve lost touch lately due to overwhelming of work. I’ve actually started reconnecting the dots by visiting Mr. Nice’s 3-month old daughter last weekend. She’s so adorable and cute. *a wide grin on my face now* I was invited to their place for lunch. Mr. and Mrs. Nice are really supportive (as always) especially Mr. Nice. He has given me a booster of advice that day.

Other than these, most importantly I have to change some perceptions plus adjusting and tuning my ways of handling things in certain aspects.

I always have these moments especially after a long smooth drive. However I do notice that wisdom is gained during this lot of braking moment. Why on earth you want to push your pedal brake when you’re at 80 mph if the road is clear right ? That's why I do appreciate this testing of the brake moment. Really.

It may take a long while for the overhaul to complete. But it is necessary for the driver’s safety. Hopefully after the overhaul, the driver will be wiser, well at least a wee bit. Oh dear, will “a wise head on young shoulders” best describe me later then?! *smug* Anyhow, if you drive or own a car, when was your last time you sent your vehicle for maintenance? Perhaps it’s about time for one now or an overhaul if needed.

every page of my imagination




& PROFILE



Viewing the fleeting world
- a star at dawn; a bubble in the stream; a flash of lightning in a summer cloud; a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream together with Jade



& Tune In To ...




& ARCHIVES

August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007


& ARTICULATE