<body> <body>

Sunday, October 29, 2006 @3:55 PM

My family moved into our parents' house about 20 years ago. I remembered that was the first time we (the kids) saw an old wood-crafted sunflower thermometer in our parents' room. My mom insisted in decorating her room with that small old thermometer by putting it next to the TV. That is nothing special to us, in fact we did complain how old that wood thermometer was. My mother protested, "It was a gift from your dad." We laughed. "Really? Was that all dad gave you all these years?"

I am not a fan for gifts; for some reason I do feel a bit "embarassed" in receiving gifts. I also think that it certainly needs no event or reason to give someone a gift. I like to just get something for a person even though it is not a birthday or whatever occasion. Come on, you cherish this person and want to show your appreciation to him/her and hence you get a gift to this person as a token of appreciation. You don't have to wait for an occasion to do so. The gift does not have to be big too. The little thought that really counts.

Last month marked the one-year since I knew my Travel Companion. Two weeks ago it was our half-year anniversary since we started seeing each other. After a lot of contemplation, I decided to give him a photo frame as an anniversary gift. Although it was just a simple wooden frame, my selfish side of me was to hope that he would be able to see my presence all the time.

Maybe to you or even to my Travel Companion, it was just a photo frame. You could even laugh at it like how we laughed at my dad's sunflower thermomether gift to my mother. After all it is the little thought that counts.

every page of my imagination




& PROFILE



Viewing the fleeting world
- a star at dawn; a bubble in the stream; a flash of lightning in a summer cloud; a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream together with Jade



& Tune In To ...




& ARCHIVES

August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007


& ARTICULATE