<body> <body>

Friday, December 30, 2005 @8:28 PM

We have a little over 24 hours until the year 2005 marks an end. Now, I'm not going to set any new year's resolution due to the reasons I've mentioned earlier (Time for overhaul). But I'd like to make a summation for this year.

The year 2005 has been a great year, though nothing major's been accomplished. I do, however feel that it has certainly been a blessed year for me.

Looking at what I've achieved for my research life as a Grad student. I have certainly grown a lot more compared to my first year here. Even though I did not make any ground-breaking for my projects, I have exposed myself in picking up quite a few new techniques/skills. And I'm proud to say that I actually am glad to see that I'm capable in acquiring these skills independently. Well, probably this is how a scientist should be. But hey, I'm still not one, yet. *lol*

I also feel fortunate that I was able to be granted and funded to attend two international scientific conferences. Those two trips were definitely one of those spine-tingling moments for me thus far. This is because one of them was my first international scientific conference ever, whereas the other one had allowed me in making my first scientific oral presentation in front of a large group of experts from around the world in my field.

This year has also given me a lot of surprises in terms of friendship, both from work and from my personal acquintance. I have never asked or expected anything from this aspect while entering January 2005. I knew I was still new to this country. But I definitely didn't expect to get to know many people at work (who are from different laboratories and even diffferent departments). In fact I've even become closer to some of them. They are such a wonderful bunch of people and their presence has diluted all the frustrations of work.

Before August 2005, I would not have even thought about owning a blog or having the habit of reading some. Perhaps I didn't mention how this blog was born. Well, I was actually chatting with one of my sisters. We babbled and babbled. Out of a sudden, I had a strong urge in getting myself a blog to start writing stuff spinning on my head. And I got myself one instantly. Since then I've been pretty good in updating it regularly. Isn't this amazing? I have to emphasize that my laziness gene is activated by default. Therefore I don't maintain a journal or a diary myself. I'd tried once but that only lasted a few days. Surprise surprise, looking at my archives here on this site, I have more than 100 entries posted within 5 months! Eh, don't I deserve a pat on my back? Well, I don't write well. But knowing the fact that I do have some regular readers, has given me doses of encouragements and supports. Thank you for your comments. As for those who are "comment-shy", I still thank you for reading though I don't know who you are. You know what? One thing I'm extremely thankful is that I've made some unexpected friendship via this blog, which is an added bonus!

Connecting to some old friends has been another highlight this year. I'm really glad to have some good pair of ears from these friends who spare time to be my trash bin.

That's the summation of my year of consummate happiness. Oh one more....does surviving my second freakish cold snowy winter here alone count?! *rlol* Ok ok, I'm just joking. I love the snow and the cold.

Although I wish to have more, I am content and shall not be greedy in asking more. As I said before and wish to remind myself again and again, I don't want to set expectations. So when I get something later, I'll be jumping around spreading my mirth.

Let's get set for another exciting and challenging year of 2006. May everyone be blessed and filled with joy. :P

*Happy New Year, mates!*

every page of my imagination




& PROFILE



Viewing the fleeting world
- a star at dawn; a bubble in the stream; a flash of lightning in a summer cloud; a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream together with Jade



& Tune In To ...




& ARCHIVES

August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007


& ARTICULATE