<body> <body>

Saturday, June 17, 2006 @11:58 PM

I just came back from the last dissertation of the month. Well, it was actually the second invitation I received this year.

This party was completely different from the first one I attended last week (Refer: Wish you to be here). GZ, the host who defended her thesis few days ago, this time had a quite a grand celebration. More than 80 guests joined the celebration. The buffet-style party was held in one of the halls rented at the campus. As you might have guessed, part of the reason that I was so looking forward to this party is because of the food. Heh, not a new news right? Oh yeah, GZ’s mother and her mom’s friends prepared most of the delicious food. Technically it was my first time trying authentic Persian food. If you haven’t tried this cuisine before, you gotta go try. 90% of the guests were GZ’s family, extended family, relatives and friends. GZ’s family resides in this country and she even had friends and relatives flying in from other cities or countries. Now don’t you agree with me how different this one was compared to the one I attended last week eh?

Anyway, there were also more speeches in this party than the last one. And there were all funny. The toastmaster’s funny too. Nope, I’m not going to transcribe all the speeches here. But I’ll just put some amusing memorable quotes from the speech. Although the party came out as a joyful and crowded atmosphere, it did have a few touchy meaningful moments. I shall be writing about thoughts reflected in relation to those moments.

1)GZ’s fiancé’s speech (Mr. S):-
Mr. S: GZ, it has been tough for you and I. Each time, you fussed about your unsuccessful experiments, your failures of your CPR

*interumpted by GZ on the spot*
GZ: What CPR? This proves that you didn’t even bother to listen to what I said all this while. It is PCR!!

Mr. S turned to all the guests and said, “See, this is what I meant as, ‘it has been TOUGH’!” Everyone burst into laughter.

2) GZ’s THANK YOU SO MUCH speech

"I want to thank everybody who is here tonight. Thank you so much for all the supports…To my supervisors, Prof. M and Dr. R for ...thank you so much…to AAA for … thank you so much…To BBB and CCC for … thank you so much…To DDD….thank you so much”

Update (Monday):
I heard that the dancing section lasted till 2.30am. I would love to stay a bit longer for the merrymaking after the food. But you know this girl is too old to stay up late. She had to rush to her date with Mr. Zzz. All in all, it was a fun night. With this, it marked the end of one dissertation, which it also marked the beginning of a new chapter to Dr. GZ’s life. Congrats Dr. GZ! This is certainly another positive demonstration of being determined.


every page of my imagination




& PROFILE



Viewing the fleeting world
- a star at dawn; a bubble in the stream; a flash of lightning in a summer cloud; a flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream together with Jade



& Tune In To ...




& ARCHIVES

August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007


& ARTICULATE